Meet Leanne F. Broyles
Leanne focuses her practice on estates and trusts, and international tax compliance for individuals. Leanne works with clients to develop and implement customized estate and asset protection plans. She advises and assists clients serving in fiduciary capacities with navigating the administration of trusts and estates.
Areas of Practice
Estate Planning and Administration
Leanne works with individuals who own assets abroad to achieve US tax compliance. She assists individuals with FATCA reporting, FIRTPA, Streamlined Compliance Procedures, Offshore Voluntary Disclosures, and offshore audits.
Leanne is a member of the American Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Association, and the Anne Arundel County Bar Association. She is an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners . Leanne serves as the Young Lawyer Representative on the Estate and Trust Section Council for the MSBA and is a Co-Program Chair of the Anne Arundel County Estate Planning Council.
- District of Columbia
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. cum laude
- The University of Virginia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: With Distinction
- Probate Ultimate Guide: Tax Deadlines and Preparing, Coordinating and Filing Returns, National Business Institute, July 2020
- A Brave New World: Remote Execution of Estate Planning Documents, MSBA, May 2020
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel Bar Association
- MSBA E&T Newsletter (page 6-8)
- The Domestic Asset Protection Trust
- Charitable Giving Part 1: Not All Methods are Created Equal
- Virginia: Residency of Estates and Trusts No Longer Determined by Location of Administration
- Maryland Court of Special Appeals: Tax Court Erred in Interpreting Will to Allow for Marital Deduction