Meet Daniel A. Staeven
Dan has spent his career working with distressed individuals and businesses. His insolvency-based practice does workouts, restructuring, negotiations, and bankruptcy for consumers and entities. Dan also works on real estate transactions representing the buyer or banking institution in a property transaction or properties in distress.
Areas of Practice
The experience and knowledge of dealing with loan documents supports all different kinds of parties to a transaction.Dan’s practice has intersected many times in federal tax and state tax areas. Dan regularly files bankruptcy cases for individuals to work with tax debt. These workouts take many forms and one size does not fit all. It is Dan’s experience to craft a resolution for each individual case.
Dan is very active in church and serves as a Deacon at Bay Area Community Church in Annapolis. Dan is also active in the local recovery community volunteering for a local board for a recovery home system and various other events.
- Maryland, 2004
- District of Columbia, 2019
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2005
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 2019
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- Law Review: Business Law Review, Associate Articles Editor and Articles Editor, 2002 – 2004
- The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.S. magna cum laude – 2004
- Major: Business Management
- Delta Sigma Pi
Professional Associations & Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member, 2019 – Present
- American Bankruptcy Institute, since January 2020
- Bankruptcy Bar Association- Maryland- Greenbelt Chapter, Since January 2020
- Maryland State Bar Association. Since February 2020
- American Bar Association, Since February 2020