Meet Our Attorneys & CPAs
FinCEN Dates Matter
Effective January 1, 2024:
- Businesses formed during 2024 will have 90 days to file initial reports.
- Businesses formed before 2024 will have until January 1, 2025, to file initial reports.
- Businesses formed after 2024 will have 30 days to file initial reports.
- Updated reports are due within 30 calendar days after a change occurs.
- Corrected Reports are due within 30 calendar days after the reporting company becomes aware (or has reason to know) of an inaccuracy.
Noncompliance can mean a penalty of $500/day, as well as a possible felony charge with up to two years in prison.
NOTE: If you correct a mistake or omission within 90 days of the deadline for the initial report, you may avoid penalties.
Sign up today to learn more about filing and maintaining compliant reports. Stay up to date and learn how our legal team can help you in this new and evolving landscape.
Use our streamlined service to create Entity Profiles and find confidence in knowing that a team of business and tax professionals are here to help.
Submit BOIR documents and get custom-tailored support from our business and tax attorneys for all compliance strategies.
Schedule a call with our team or view some of our Frequently Asked Questions about the Corporate Transparency Act and Beneficial Ownership Information Reports.
Stay Updated for FinCEN
Receive free email updates with information about the Corporate Transparency Act and other compliance requirements.